InForm | Why Do People Enjoy Hating Freud So Much?
In this episode of the InForm Podcast, Neil & Jared explore why people enjoy hating Freud so much. Our arguments are that the education system does a horrible job of presenting Freud's work, an abundance of myths about Freud, Anti-Semitism, and the friend/enemy distinction. We sort of wandering all over the place talking about a few reasons we believe people dislike Freud so much, but we still have a lot more that we want to say. Ergo, this episode is the first in a series, which we needed to cut short when a child interrupted the recording.
The Psychoanalysis of Everyday Life:
- Surplus Jouissance of getting good grades in grad school. We reference...
- InForm 045 with Todd McGowan
- Seminar 16 on Lacan in Irland
- Surplus Jouissance
- Six Paradigm of Jouissance (Summary)
Why Do People Enjoy Hating On Freud:
- Lack of any real knowledge, and an abundance of myths.
- Bad exposure in the education system.
- Being actually unsettled by what Freud says (Oedipal complex, unconscious, sexuality etc.
- The friend/enemy distinction.
- Carl Schmitt - The Friend/Enemy Distinction.
- Giorgio Agamben & Homo Sacer.
- The Episode of The Daily where they talk about China as the enemy
Various Sundry Things: