Topic: Pure and Applied Psychoanalysis // Psychotherapy
Count Down to the Event:
What to Expect:
Special Guest | Juan-Felipe Arango
President of the Lacanian Compass, Member of the NLS, NEL, & WAP, (AP)
This year's speaker will be the Lacanian Compass President, Juan-Felipe Arango. Juan holds a BA in psychology from the University of Antioquia in Columbia and a DEA in psychoanalysis from the University of Paris VIII. He is a practicing analyst (AP) in Miami. In addition to his leadership role in the Lacanian Compass, Juan is a member of the World Association of Psychoanalysis (WAP), the New Lacanian School (NLS), and the Nueva Escuela Lacaniana (NEL).
Juan will present a theoretical seminar with a Q&A session in the morning. In addition, Juan will facilitate a discussion of two clinical cases in the afternoon.
This year, the seminar will take place at 1125 Franklin Street, Downers Grove, IL 60515.
This venue will have ample parking, is a short (3-5 minute) walk from the Main Street Downers Grove Metra Station, and has many places nearby to get food or coffee during the lunch break and/or if people want to hang out and socialize after the event.
Registration & Cost:
- All the money raised via registration will be used to support the cost of the event.
- The fee is used to rent space, arrange to have our speakers travel here, and provide attendees with a catered lunch.
To Prepare / Syllabus:
To prepare for the seminar, it would be a good idea to become familiar with the orienting texts below.
- The Direction of the Treatment and the Principles of its Power, By Jacques Lacan -- Chapter 22 in the Écrits (pp. 445-488).
- Analysis Laid Bare, by Jacques-Alain Miller (Buy here)
- Pure Psychoanalysis, Applied Psychoanalysis, and Psychotherapy, By Jacques Alain Miller – (Read online)
- Guiding Principles for any Psychoanalytic Act, By Éric Laurent (Read online)