TGL 004 The Thing about Respect...
Intro 0:00 - 3:20
- Today's podcast is about the concept of respect.
- Why people desire it, how they try to get it.
- How they fail to get it.
- And how they might get better at getting it.
Context 3:20 - 13:50
- People coming to you v. People being sent to you
"I don't care if you like me, but you're going to respect me!" 32:40
- The first part (before the coma) is a negation.
- The second part (after the coma) is an impossible demand.
- Have compassion for people who say this sort of thing, eh?
A story 13:50 - 47:40
- The story takes place in a high school.
- A kid who neither likes nor respects me kind of turns into a kid who likes and respects me.